Joint replacement to relieve chronic pain
Advances in medical technology have made joint replacement therapy a highly effective option to treat chronic joint pain from arthritis and other degenerative joint diseases, or injury.
Our comprehensive joint replacement program draws from the expertise of a multidisciplinary care team including orthopedic surgeons, pain management specialists, and physical therapists. We offer the latest advancements in joint replacement surgery, including:
- Total joint replacement for knees, hips, elbows, and shoulders
- Hip and knee resurfacing
- Minimally invasive options
Blue Distinction Center for hip and knee replacement
Physicians Regional Medical Center has been recognized by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Tennessee as a Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement. This designation is awarded to medical facilities that demonstrate expertise in delivering quality specialty care. For joint replacement patients, this translates to better care and improved outcomes, including shorter hospital stays, lower readmission rates and fewer complications.
State-of-the-art robotic technology for joint surgery
Surgeons at Turkey Creek Medical Center can perform MAKOplasty® partial knee replacement using the RIO® Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System. This innovative robotic surgical procedure offers a minimally invasive treatment option for mid-stage osteoarthritis. During the surgery, the diseased portion of the knee is resurfaced, sparing the patient’s healthy bone and surrounding tissue. The digital tracking system constantly monitors and updates the patient’s anatomy and allows the surgeon to make real-time adjustments to optimize implant positioning and placement.
Surgeons also use MAKOplasty® to provide a minimally invasive option for total hip replacement. This advanced technique allows surgeons to prepare the hip socket for a more exact implant alignment, and reduces complications such as excessive wear on the joint, unequal leg length or dislocation.
MAKOplasty offers a number of benefits over traditional knee replacement techniques, including:
- Optimal implant positioning that results in a more natural knee motion.
- Less pain, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker recovery.
- As a knee arthroplasty procedure, MAKOplasty is typically covered by most Medicare-approved and private health insurers.
Comprehensive care through recovery
Part of our comprehensive care includes preparing our patients properly before surgery, as well as helping them recover their mobility:
- Our Joint Class educates joint replacement surgery patients to ensure they know what to expect before and after surgery.
- Experienced physical therapists develop a customized rehabilitation plan to help patients return to the activities they enjoy as quickly as possible.